- An encroachment permit is needed when you are doing work in the Town's public right of way.
Curb, Gutter and Driveway Standards
- This document includes information for curb, gutter and driveway repair. For all other county standards please see the county web site.
- A fence permit is needed to erect a fence within 20 feet of the front property line. Fence Permit Diagram (
- A grading permit is necessary when excavating or hauling dirt on your property.
Non-Maintained Road Paving Assistance
- This package includes information for residents who live on non-maintained streets who would like to receive Town assistance with road paving.
Non-Maintained Drainage Projects
- This package is information for residents who would like to receive Town assistance with drainage projects on non-maintained roads or on private property.
- A permit is required to remove or significantly prune any heritage tree, any tree on undeveloped property and any street tree. A heritage tree is defined as a tree with a diameter at breast height (dbh = 4.5 feet above grade) of 22 inches. A permit is required to remove any tree on undeveloped property with a dbh of 7 inches. Pruning is defined as, and limited to, removal of less than 25% of the tree's foliage. An arborist’s report and photograph of the tree(s) are required prior to this application being complete. NOTE: Acacia, Eucalyptus, Plum, Privet and Monterey Pine trees are considered nuisance trees and do not require a permit to remove. (S.A.M.C. Sections 4-9 & 4-13) Tree Replacement Criteria List
Bioretention - This handout shows how to incorporate bioretention into your projects.
- This handout is a general overview of erosion control measures that must be taken by October 15 and shall be maintained and modified to remain effective throughout the rainy season, which ends April 15. Erosion and Sediment Control