Getting involved in the Town is a great way to give back to our wonderful community and meet new friends. The following Town Boards and Commissions have vacancies for which volunteers are needed:
Capital Program Monitoring Committee
- The Town Council is looking for volunteers for the Capital Program Monitoring Committee. The purpose of the committee is to monitor the implementation of the Town’s capital improvement program, funded by the voter-approved Measure D one-half cent sales tax funds, as well as grant funding, Road Maintenance Fund monies, and General Fund monies.
The committee’s charge is to issue an annual public report summarizing the progress of capital improvement projects funded by Measure D, as well as capital improvement projects funded by other sources of Town funding. The committee consists of seven members, representing a wide variety of the community, with a range of skills, knowledge and experience in the following areas:
• Finance (preferably public finance)
• Engineering and/or construction
• Public relations and communication
• Familiarity with various aspects of the San Anselmo Community
Two Councilmembers and two designated Town staff liaisons will serve in an advisory capacity only. The Committee will meet as needed to review projects. There is one seat available
Board of Review
- The Board of Review is responsible to hear and decide appeals from employee disciplinary actions, hear and decide employee’s grievances, and hear and advise on citizen complaints against employees. Members must be residents of the Town and have a reputation for impartiality. The Board consists of five members and meets only as needed. There is one seat available.
Open Space Committee –
The Open Space Committee has the major responsibilities for the long-term planning of open space in and near San Anselmo, for the generation of community support and fund-raising to implement the plan. The Committee consists of eleven members, including one youth member, and meets on the third Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. in the Town Council Chambers. There is one seat available.
Quality of Life –
The Quality of Life Commission was established to promote sustainability by enhancing opportunities for sustainable practices in San Anselmo, to secure a high quality of life for San Anselmo residents and simultaneously meeting environmental, economic and community needs. The Commission consists of nine members, plus one youth member and meets regularly on the third Monday at 7:00 p.m. in Historical Museum, located on the first floor of the Library. There is one seat available.
Economic Development Committee – The Committee’s charge is to work with local businesses and the community at large toward a vibrant and successful local economy that meets the needs of the residents and visitors of San Anselmo. The Committee has seven members and meets on the first Tuesday of the month at 8:45 a.m. in the Town Council Chambers. There are three seats available.
For more information or an application, go to: