Getting involved in the Town is a great way to give back to our wonderful community and meet new friends. The following Town Boards and Commissions have vacancies for which volunteers are needed:
Quality of Life
– The Quality of Life Commission was established to promote sustainability by enhancing opportunities for sustainable practices in San Anselmo, to secure a high quality of life for San Anselmo residents and simultaneously meeting environmental, economic and community needs. The Commission consists of nine members and meets regularly on the third Monday in Historical Museum, located on the first floor of the Library. There are three seats available.
Capital Program Monitoring Committee
- The purpose of the committee is to monitor the implementation of the Town’s capital improvement program, funded by the voter-approved Measure D one-half cent sales tax funds, as well as grant funding, Road Maintenance Fund monies, and General Fund monies.
The committee’s charge is to issue an annual public report summarizing the progress of capital improvement projects funded by Measure D, as well as capital improvement projects funded by other sources of Town funding.
The committee will consist of (7) members, representing a wide variety of the community, with a range of skills, knowledge and experience in the following areas:
• Finance (preferably public finance)
• Engineering and/or construction
• Public relations and communication
• Familiarity with various aspects of the San Anselmo Community
Two Councilmembers and two designated Town staff liaisons will serve in an advisory capacity only. The Councilmembers on the committee are John Wright and Tom McInerney, and the designated staff members are the Town Manager and the Public Works Director. The Committee will meet once in the early spring to review planned capital improvement projects and once in late fall to review completed projects.
There are currently four vacant seats on the committee for terms of four years.
– The Commission was created to preserve the history of San Anselmo by means of research and the collection and organization of information, photographs and artifacts concerning the Town’s development. The Commission consists of eleven members and meets at 7:30 p.m. on the third Wednesdays of the month in the Historical Museum, located on the first floor of the Library. There is one seat available.
Tax Equity Board
– The Board is charged with hearing applications for tax rebate from San Anselmo property owners claiming inability to pay the Town’s Municipal Services Tax and Pension Override Tax. The Board consists of three members and meets once a year in the spring. There is one opening.
Parks & Recreation Commission
- The Commission advises the Council and the Parks & Recreation staff on the planning of the recreation activities, the development of Town parks and management of public lands. The Commission consists of seven members and meets regularly on the third Tuesday of every month at 7:00 p.m. in the Town Hall Council Chambers. There is one seat available.
Library Parcel Tax Oversight Committee - The purpose of the oversight committee is to ensure transparency and accountability to the voters by reviewing the collection and expenditure of Library tax revenues. There are three seats available for terms of three years. The group meets twice a year to review the library budget. There is one seat available.
For more information or an application, go to: