Electronic Books and Audiobooks
You can now download e-books and e-audiobooks through the San Anselmo Library directly to your PC or Mac computer, e-ook reader (iPad, Nook, Kindle) or mobile device (Blackberry, iPod, Sony Reader, and other devices).
We now offer Hoopla
, a collection of streaming and downloadable ebooks, comics, movies, audiobooks, TV shows, fitness videos, and music albums. If you will be accessing the collection via a laptop or desktop computer, visit the Hoopla
website to get started. For mobile devices, go to your device's app store and search for "hoopla digital," then follow installation instructions.
- Check out up to 8 titles per month.
Over 16,000 titles available to download or read online. The Enki Library
is hosted by Califa, and is the eBook collection created by libraries, for libraries.
- Downloadable; check outup to 5 titles at a time; place up to 5 title on hold
- Best for iPads, NOOKs, PCs or smartphones; not compatible with older Kindles; can be used with Kindle Fires using a Bluefire Reader for Android
- Bluefire Reader app available for iOS and Android devices
- eBooks only
- Best for biographies, romance novels, craft book, kids books and study guides from smaller and independent publishers
- Selections for adults, teens and children
- Enki Library FAQ created by Marin County Free Library and help page.
Overdrive ebook Collection
Through the Overdrive MARINet Digital Downloads
you can checkout and download:
- Kindle Books
- Adobe EPUB eBooks
- Adobe PDF eBooks
- OverDrive WMA Audiobooks
- OverDrive MP3 Audiobooks
To checkout and download you need:
- A valid library card
- Internet access
- A computer or device that meets the system requirements for the type(s) of materials you wish to download
- Free software for the computer or device on which you wish to use the materials available at this site
Safari Tech Books Online
Safari Tech Books Online
- You must have the free Adobe Flash® Player installed to view the guided tour.
is a great source for online information technology books from the industry's leading publishers. Users can browse all Safari Tech Books just as they would books in print. Each title contains a complete table of contents with chapter links for easy page-to-page browsing. All charts, graphs, and other images are included just as originally published.
Free ebook Vendors
Here are a number of links to vendors who provide access to free e-Books. Thank you to the Larkspur Library for compiling this helpful list.
LibriVox, founded in 2005, is the largest and oldest provider of free audiobooks. Their goal is to provide free audiobook versions of every public domain book on the internet.
Project Gutenberg is the oldest and most well-known source for free e-Books (36,000 texts).
eJunto is a nonprofit which specializes in American History and philosophy.
ThoughtAudio has books in philosophy, political science and a number a literary classics such as Mark Twain, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Jack London and James Joyce.
Voices in the Dark has a collection of science-fiction, gothic and horror - Lovecraft, D. H. Lawrence, Kipling, Poe and others.