Information on San Anselmo tax rebate program
Tax Equity Board Information
There are four separate charges on your property tax bill for the Town of San Anselmo:
1. Municipal Services Tax or General Purpose Tax
- This tax was voted into law by the voters of San Anselmo in 1983. For residential properties, the tax is $78 per living unit per year. For commercial properties, the tax is $78 per 1,500 square feet of structure of nonresidential use. The funds are utilized for general government services.
2. Pension Override Tax
- This tax was voted into law by the voters of San Anselmo in 1958. Property is assessed at 5.9 cents per each $100 of assessed valuation and the funds must be utilized for employee pension costs.
3. Library Tax
- This tax was voted into law by the voters of San Anselmo in 2010. Property is assessed at $49 per parcel and the funds must be utilized for enhanced Library services.
4. Measure G Bonds
- These bonds were approved by voters in 1995 and authorized the issuance of $10.6 million in bonds for street, storm drain and Library repairs. The repayment of these bonds is ongoing. In 2012-13 the assessment for taxpayers is 3 cents per $100 of assessed valuation. By law, the bonds are not part of the Tax Rebate program.