- INSPECTION INFO
INSPECTION FORMS AND INFO
Inspections During Marin County Shelter in Place Order:
- Building Inspections
- A limited number of virtual building inspections will be conducted during Shelter in Place via Google Duo. A mobile device with video and hi-speed internet/data capabilities, and a set up Google Duo account is required for these virtual video inspections. Email email@example.com if you require an inspection during this time.
- Shelter in Place Resale Inspections and Reports -
- Fill out the Shelter in Place Resale application form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Shelter in Place resale application fee is $300. Once this is paid, a template for your self-certification report will be provided to the applicant
- A self-certification report can be obtained during the Shelter In Place order. For reports conducted during this time, the applicant must provide photographs of the exterior (all facades including front and rear yard), photographs that clearly show extents of all rooms including garage, storage, attic and crawlspace as well as exterior parking spaces, and provide a list of any non-conforming items on the property. The self-certification report is must be signed by the property owner, realtor and a third-party inspector. The third-party inspector may be either a: Certified Building Official, Certified Residential Building Inspector or Certified Home Inspector.
- Whenever a property is resold, it is required that you obtain a residential resale records report (inspection). The report is intended to identify the regularly authorized and legal use, occupancy, and zoning classifications of the property and all other pertinent information relating thereto. One copy of the report is provided to the Applicant only.
- Daily Inspection Schedule
- The inspection schedule with the approximate times will be updated at 8:45-9:00 am Monday - Friday.
- You can check the approximate times the Building Inspector will be onsite.
- Inspection Information and Instructions (see for additional inspection scheduling information)
- Resale Inspection Report:
- Fill out the resale inspection form and email it to email@example.com
- Once we receive the form, we will contact you for payment or you can pay at the counter Mon-Thurs from 8:30am to 12noon.
- The resale application fee is $300 and $50 for each additional structure.
- Once we receive payment, we can schedule the resale inspection for you. YOU CANNOT SCHEDULE THE RESALE INSPECTION USING THE eTrakit WEBSITE.
Residential Resale Inspection
Whenever a property is resold, it is required that you obtain a residential resale records report (inspection).
The report is intended to identify the regularly authorized and legal use, occupancy, and zoning classifications of the property and all other pertinent information relating thereto. One copy of the report is provided to the Applicant only.
Please schedule the report and inspection with adequate time before closing for the Town to research your records and inspect the property so the sale is not impacted. Please allow at least two weeks.
If any work is discovered during the inspection that has been done without a permit, a note will be placed in the Town property file and in the future, no permit applications will be accepted until this work is permitted and passes inspection.
Penalty fees for unpermitted work will be assessed in accordance with Town ordinances.