Filing a Claim Against the Town

Under the California Government Tort Claims Act (Cal. Gov Code §§ 810 et seq.), a claim must be filed with the Town if you are seeking money or damages from the Town or one of its employees. A claim relating to death or injury to person or to personal property must be filed within six months after the accrual of the injury. A claim relating to any other cause of action must be presented within one year after the accrual of the cause of action (Cal. Gov. Code § 911.2). With few exceptions, a lawsuit for money damages may not be brought against the Town or its employees unless a written claim has been properly filed with the Town.

Claim Form