Our loan policies are:
- Books, audios and magazines loan for three weeks, you may renew them twice. We're happy to circulate most books for a six-week vacation loan on request.
- DVDs, Blu-ray movies, and music CDs loan for one week; they may be renewed once.
- There are two book drops for checked out items. One is located on the San Anselmo Avenue side of the library (includes a separate AV drop) and the curbside drop is on Library Place.
- All San Anselmo items except for museum passes and Take and Make Kits may be returned to any MARINet library.
Computer Workstation and Internet Use Policy
Computers and Internet access are provided for all library users in keeping with the library's role of providing information and materials to meet the educational, informational and recreational needs of all members of the community.
Four computer workstations are available for public use:
- One Express workstations are available to all users on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Express Internet use is limited to 15 minutes per person. The 15 minute time period begins as soon as the user begins, regardless of whether someone is waiting or not.
- Two One-Hour workstations are available to MARINet patrons with a library card in good standing. There is a two-hour limit per day per person.
- One-hour workstations may be reserved up to one week in advance. One reservation is allowed per user.
- Additional time may be available on a drop-in basis.
- No more than two people may use a workstation at one time.
- Please contact the Reference Librarian if you wish to reserve time on a One-Hour workstation.
- All three computer workstations provide users with the following software: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Internet Explorer.
- Headphone jacks are installed; patron's may use their own headphones, or borrow from the reference desk.
- Users of the Internet should be aware that the library has no control over the information on the Internet and cannot be held responsible for its content.
- Any restriction of a child's access to the Internet is the responsibility of the child's parent or legal guardian.
- Printing is available at 20¢ per page. Please pay staff when you collect your printed pages.
- Internet tutoring is also available. Please contact the Reference Desk for more information.
- Library staff reserves the right to manage all computer use according to these policies to maintain a safe environment for all.
For questions or to learn more about library loan policies, contact us at (415) 258-4656.