Curbside Retail Guide (non-essential businesses)
Non-essential retail stores that have direct access to an immediately adjacent sidewalk, street or alley area are allowed to open Monday, May 18 at 10:00 a.m. for curbside/outside pickup only (customers may not enter the store)
Curbside business is subject to the County Shelter in Place Order and pickups can’t block pedestrian access to the sidewalk or cause pedestrian or vehicle congestion.
Retail stores in an enclosed indoor shopping center that do not have direct access to adjacent sidewalk, street or alley area may not reopen at this time.
Full Text of current Marin County Shelter in Place Order
Reopening Guidelines from https://marinrecovers.com/retail
1. You must have a written site-specific protection plan posted at or near your entrance
The plan must be easily viewable by the public and personnel. Use this COVID-19 Site-Specific Protection Plan Guidance & Template for Developing Your Own Plan and you may use our sign for the required rules posting.
2. Face coverings must be worn by all employees
Face coverings do not have to be worn by those exempt from the requirements (e.g. young children). See the full order for requirements and exemptions.
3. Follow the Marin County Best Practices for Curbside Retailers
Cut and paste this into your Site Specific Protection Plan and fill in the required content:
- The curbside or walk-up transaction will occur outside the building, such as in the doorway or through an exterior window. Customers will not enter the premises of the store at any time.
- Curbside pick-up/delivery access points are clearly designated and marked [contact San Anselmo Public Works for more information on pick up zones].
- Customers have been directed to pick up their goods at <Insert the specific delivery location> and to contact <insert contact info/method> to allow for delivery without direct interaction, except as necessary to accept payment.
- Clothing items may not be handled or tried on during curbside transactions.
- Merchandise may not be displayed on the sidewalk or outside of the building.
- Number of customers waiting in line for curbside pickup at any one time will be limited to <insert> allowing for customers and employees to easily maintain at least six foot distance from one another and allows sufficient sidewalk space to allow safe pedestrian right-of-way at all times.
4. Post required signage
Signage needs to be posted at each public entrance to inform all employees and customers that they should:
- Avoid entering or using the facility if you have COVID-19 symptoms;
- Maintain a minimum six-foot distance from one another;
- Sneeze and cough into a cloth or tissue or, if not available, into one’s elbow;
- Wear face coverings, as appropriate; and
- Do not shake hands or engage in any unnecessary physical contact.
Marin County is providing these English/Spanish signs
Optional: free San Anselmo Open For Business signs
5. Follow the applicable rules inside your retail space (customers are not allowed inside)
- Limit the number of people (such as employees - customers are not allowed inside) who can enter at any one time to ensure that people can easily maintain a minimum six-foot distance from one another at all times;
- Require face coverings to be worn by all persons, other than those exempted from face covering requirements (e.g. young children);
- Provide hand sanitizer, soap and water, or effective disinfectant at or near the entrance and in other appropriate areas for use by personnel, and in locations where there is high-frequency employee interaction with members of the public (e.g. cashiers);
- Provide for contactless payment systems or, if not feasible to do so, the providing for disinfecting all payment portals, pens, and styluses after each use;
- Regularly disinfect other high-touch surfaces;
- Any additional social distancing measures being implemented (see the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s guidance ).
Where to purchase Personal Protective Equipment and Cleaning and Sanitation Supplies
Local San Anselmo sources for masks:
Creekside Pizza selling masks by TwoBirdsMom on Instagram - custom orders are accepted