Local Funding for Town Services
San Anselmo is a wonderful place to live, raise a family and retire. With great local schools and stunning natural beauty, the Town of San Anselmo is committed to protecting a small-town ambience, access to parks and open space, an historic downtown and a great overall quality of life.
Locally Controlled Funding - Renewed by vote in election on November 8, 2022:
In 2013, San Anselmo voters approved a half-cent sales tax that supports Town services and infrastructure, including repairing potholes, repaving roads, reducing traffic congestion, maintaining and improving sidewalks, drainage and street medians and preserving public safety.
The renewed funding allows the Town to continue progress in repairing and maintaining neighborhood streets and roads.
Funding Renewed for Local Needs
The Town of San Anselmo placed Measure J (see: San Anselmo Municipal Election Nov 8, 2022 for more information) on the November 8, 2022 ballot to renew the current ½ cent sales tax and increase the rate to one cent. The Measure passed and will now provide approximately $2.4 million in locally controlled funding that could be used to:
- Repair potholes and maintain streets
- Reduce the impacts of drought with new water sources and storage
- Improve fire protection services
- Maintain 9–1–1 emergency, firefighter and paramedic response times
- Maintain bridges and retaining walls
- Improve and maintain Town parks
Fiscal Accountability Required
The same strict fiscal accountability provisions as were required by the previous measure are still in place, including:
- An independent citizens’ oversight committee, mandatory financial audits and annual public spending disclosure to the community
- By law, no money could be taken away by the State
- Essential purchases like groceries and medicine are exempt from a sales tax to ensure the cost is not a burden to those on fixed or limited incomes