Permit Center

Building Department

Please read the information below carefully, failure to provide required forms or payments may result in delays to your permit reviewing process.

What you need to know about applying for a permit:


  • Daily Inspection Schedule 
    • The inspection schedule with the approximate times will be updated at 8:45-9:00 am Monday - Friday.
    • You can check the approximate times the Building Inspector will be onsite.
  • Inspection Information and Instructions (see for additional inspection scheduling information)
  • Resale Inspection Report :
    • Fill out the resale inspection form and email it to
    • Once we receive the form, we will contact you for payment or you can pay at the counter Mon-Thurs from 8:30am to 12noon.
    • The resale application fee is $300 and $50 for each additional structure.
    • Once we receive payment, we can schedule the resale inspection for you. YOU CANNOT SCHEDULE THE RESALE INSPECTION USING THE eTrakit WEBSITE!

Required Forms and Information:

Public Works Department

Please read the information below carefully, failure to provide required documentation may result in delays to your permit reviewing process.

  • Effective April 1, 2017, we will only be accepting online permit submittals (encroachments, trees, fences, grading, etc.).
  • You will need an eTrakit account to apply for a permit. Contractors will need to email to set up an account, while homeowners can register on their own. 
  • All required forms and plans must be attached during the online application process.
  • Visit the Public Works Department page for additional information and forms.
  • Effective December 4, 2017, we will only be accepting inspection requests online.

Encroachment Permits*:

  • Any work in the public Right of Way (ROW) be it roads or sidewalks, requires a permit. That includes blocking traffic lanes, putting debris boxes on the street, etc. 
  • All encroachment permits in the Right of Way(ROW) require a Traffic Control Plan (TCP) to be attached during the online application process. 
  • A Traffic Control Plan (TCP) is a document that shows temporary signs, cones, and flaggers to safely direct traffic around your work zone.  'Traffic' includes vehicles, bicycles, pedestrians, and mobility devices such as wheelchairs. 
  • *If there is a street cut - road bond refunds require before and after inspections as well as compaction test results for most pavement restoration jobs. Failure to request an inspection or to provide compaction test results may lead to delays in the refund process of the road bond.
  • Restoration Requirements for Street Cuts

Motion Picture/Photography Permits:

Tree Work Permits:

  • All current tree work notices can be found in this section.
  • Planting a tree in, upon, or along any public street, sidewalk, or walkway.
  • Cutting a heritage or a street tree down or trimming more than 25%. 
  • All tree work permits require a licensed arborist report supplemented with photos of the tree.
  • Tree Application Supplemental Questionnaire (required with all tree work permits)

Fence Permits:

  • All fence permits require a site plan and a side-view diagram of the fence.  
  • Refer to this diagram to comply with line of sight fence height requirements near driveways. 

Other Forms and Information: