Sign Permits

A sign permit is required for most permanent signs. The number of signs and sign area is limited under the Zoning Code. Most signs need approval from the Town and some signs may require a building permit.

The Planning Commission must consider signs if you have another application that needs Planning Commission review. Otherwise, most sign permit applications can be considered by staff.

Special Sign Rules for Red Hill Shopping Center

The buildings currently occupied by CVS and Safeway must submit sign applications to the planning department. All other businesses at Red Hill Shopping Center must comply with the sign program approved in 2010 and 2012. Compliance is determined by submitting proposed sign information to Red Hill Shopping Center management. Submit the approved sign to the building department with the landlord’s approval and pay any applicable building permit fee.

Cost and Application Forms



1 week for staff review

Other Information

Municipal Code Sign Requirements