A Glimpse Inside the Library's Reopening
Reopening is a balancing act of maintaining the successful curbside program that serves hundreds of people every week with opening our doors for limited hours and serving a fraction of the community. In the current red tier, libraries are allowed to open at 50% capacity. The San Anselmo Public Library's capacity is 27 people, which equals 9-11 patrons and 2-4 library staff in the public library.
We don't have a date yet for reopening our doors as we work out the many details. We do expect to open one morning a week. The library will look different -- here's a glimpse into what the library will look like upon reopening:
- You will be able to browse the collections of books, DVDs, audiobooks, and magazines.
- You will see our curbside staging area.
- You will be able to use the self-check machine or staff can assist you with checking out materials.
- Chairs have been removed but the tables remain.
- There are plexiglass guards around our service desks.
- Library visits will have a time limit.
- You will be able to ask our staff reference questions, book recommendations, and more.
- Library curbside service will continue