In-Person Browsing on Wednesdays starting April 21
It is finally happening! Starting April 21, you will be able to walk through the library on Wednesdays to browse and pick up your holds. Open from 10-4, all safety protocols will be observed: wear a mask, maintain 6-feet of social distance, do not come in if you have flu-like symptoms, and wash hands/use hand sanitizer. Capacity will remain limited to provide for adequate social distancing.
In-person browsing means you will once again be able to wander the stacks and find those gems you've been missing. Other limited services will be available and curbside will remain an option to everyone. The plan will evolve, in consultation with County Health & Human Services and your feedback. Our highest priority remains the safety of our patrons and staff.
The library will look different - here is a glimpse into what the Browsing Library will be like when the doors open:
- The elevator will become the main entrance and the front door will be the exit. This will help with consistent traffic flow.
- You will be able to browse the collections of books, DVDs, audiobooks, and magazines.
- Only digital newspapers are available at this time.
- You will see our curbside staging area.
- You will be able to use the self-check machine or staff can assist you with checking out materials.
- Chairs have been removed but the tables remain.
- There are plexiglass guards around our service desks.
- Library visits will have a 30-minute time limit.
We are happy to welcome you back to the Library!