THE TOWN COUNCIL OF THE TOWN OF SAN ANSELMO HAS ENACTED AN ORDINANCE THAT ESTABLISHES PAID SICK LEAVE REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL EMPLOYERS IN TOWN WITH 25 OR FEWER EMPLOYEES FOR COVID-19 RELATED REASONS
New Town Ordinance Requires Businesses with 25 or Fewer Employees
to Provide Paid Sick Leave to Employees forCOVID-19 Related Reasons Through September 30, 2021
On Monday, August 16, 2021, the San Anselmo Town Council adopted an urgency ordinance that applies to businesses with 25 or fewer employees within San Anselmo. The ordinance requires all covered employers to provide paid sick leave for employees who cannot telework. (Ord. §5-1(e)). The full ordinance can be found by visiting this LINK.
ORDINANCE ENACTED FROM MAY 16 to SEPTEMBER 30, 2021
APPLICABLE USES - Under the ordinance, paid sick leave is available for any of the following reasons:
- The Employee has been advised by a health care provider to isolate or self-quarantine to prevent the spread of COVID-19;
- The Employee is subject to a federal, state, or local quarantine or isolation order due to COVID-19;
- The Employee is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms and is seeking a medical diagnosis;
- The Employee needs to care for an Individual who is subject to a federal, state, or local quarantine or isolation order related to COVID-19, or has been advised by a health care provider to self-quarantine related to COVID-19, or is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms and is seeking a medical diagnosis;
- The Employee needs to provide care for an Individual whose senior care provider or whose school or childcare provider is closed or unavailable in response to a public health or other public official’s recommendation;
- The Employee is attending an appointment to receive a COVID-19 vaccine; or
- The Employee is experiencing symptoms related to a COVID-19 vaccine that prevent the Employee from being able to work or telework. (Ord. §5-1(d)).
Permissible Basis for Receipt of the Benefit:
An Employer shall provide Supplemental Paid Sick Leave upon the written, including, but not limited to, electronic mail and text message, request of an Employee if the Employee cannot work, or telework due to any of the above stated reasons.
This poster must be displayed where employees
can easily read it. If employees do not frequent a
physical workplace, it may be disseminated
to employees electronically.