Where can I report work without a permit?

Most construction work requires a permit from the Building Department and permits are required to be posted on site. Sometimes Planning Department approval is also required. Begin by contacting the Building Department with the address of the property in question to find out if any permits have been issued for the address. The Building Department can contact the property owner and/or inspect from public places or, with permission, from adjacent sites to determine if work is taking place that requires a permit and stop work at the site, if appropriate.

Show All Answers

1. How do I get a copy of my plans?
2. What is my zoning district?
3. Where can I find the Town Municipal Code?
4. Where can I find information on pending or current planning applications or projects?
5. When is the next Planning Commission Meeting?
6. Can I have a second unit on my property?
7. Where can I report work without a permit?
8. How much can I add on to my house?
9. What is the fence height limit?
10. How can I find Planning Commission minutes?
11. How can I find Planning Commission decisions?