What do I need an encroachment permit for?
For all construction activities that take place within the public right of way (i.e., the streets and sidewalks). In addition, encroachment permits are required for non-construction activities within the public right of way including:
  • Construction-related storage on the street including placement of temporary toilet facilities

  • Placement of a debris box on the street

  • Temporary street closures

  • Temporary no parking postings

Show All Answers

1. What do I need an encroachment permit for?
2. When do I need a fence permit?
3. How does the Town decide which streets are going to be paved?
4. Do I need a permit to cut a tree?
5. Am I responsible for the trees & sidwalks in front of my house?
6. When can I use my leaf blower?

Starting January 1st, 2022, you can only use an electric-powered leaf blower in San Anselmo. The updated hours of operation are: 

  • Monday through Friday - 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (7:00 am to 5:00 pm for multi-unit and non-residential properties)
  • Saturday - 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
  • Sundays and Holidays - no leaf blowers use

 This ordinance is enforced by the Town's Code Enforcement & Police Department through verbal and/or written notices. Follow-up actions include warnings and fines of up to $500.

More information is available on our leaf blower webpage.